1 ½ tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (15 ounce can) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, diced.
¼ cup Salsa
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook eggs to desired doneness, season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Combine black beans and eggs in a bowl, top with avocado and salsa.
Breakfast ideas on the run:
- Smoothie; milk (I use almond but soy or other healthy alternatives great too), frozen chunky fruit, blueberries, spinach, protein powder (you don’t need to add this, I do, but milk already gives you protein) and use whatever else healthy you want to experiment with!
- Oatmeal with blueberries (make extra and put in fridge and nuke it another day!)
- Toast (Dave’s or any other healthy grain/whole wheat bread) with peanut butter, bananas), glass of milk
- Cereal (remember 3-6-3 rule; look on the box; does it have 3 grams fiber or more, less than 6 grams sugar, 3 grams protein or more) add berries (so far Cheerios (plain) and Grape Nuts fit this; which other cereal does? 🙂
- Pancakes/waffles (whole grain) with Greek yogurt and berries
- Veggie omelet, whole wheat or grain toast
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup Blueberries
1 cup Spinach
1Tablespoon Almond Butter
Add ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add ice depending on temperature preference.
Frozen bananas work best in smoothies. Peel, slice in half, and place in a large Ziploc bag in the freezer overnight.
Add more spinach to increase nutritional benefits!
My family and I celebrated the holidays; while I know roasted turkey is good for me and a “yellow” food, the rest of the food was “red”. There were fresh veggies to munch on before dinner which is a “green light” food, but…decided to give myself grace today and I will restart my traffic light eating (green light; fruits and veggies, yellow light grains, fish, chicken, turkey and red light processed foods and junk foods) tomorrow along with working out at the gym! I think life changes are a journey and I have a positive mindset to make my life healthier! If you haven’t checked it out yet…please check out blue zone on Netflix (it’s free!) I am working to toward being a ‘Blue Zone” girl! 🙂
I have been taught that exercise should be thought of as “play“; not something you have to do but want to do. This summer we took the kayaks out and went camping. I know “play” can be dancing, playing outdoors with your kids/grandkids, hiking, cycling, the gym…
An important part of overall health is to move! Moving shouldn’t be a chore; should be something you look forward to doing throughout the week.
What kind of play do you enjoy doing?